Wednesday, October 22, 2014
In This Season...
While it is October 22nd and I am gently grieving that fact that Fall is quickly slipping away, I am doing better this year in slowing down enough to appreciate random moments. Doing better - just that - still so much to learn.
A few ponderings from past weeks:
1) Choosing to stay quiet about a random fact that will only bring frustration or anger to the person I am sharing with - even if it seems like a really good story. Most of the time, i am learning that I am simply hoping that by sharing, the person i am sharing with will affirm MY views. I want them to be frustrated or angry right alongside me.
2) Facebook - yes or no? Greatly believing it will soon be a no for me. Two main reasons - I learn very little good from it and what I do learn, most I could find out in other ways. Also, it is simply a time stealer that I allow to rob me all too often of something I find precious and seldom in excess.
3) Instagram - oddly enough, I genuinely see it as a way God is allowing me to be an encourager. That still means I need to ask daily that my "self" won't rear it's ugly head and want people to like and follow me. Encouraging one may be all I am ever called to do.
4) I want to start sending birthday cards again - in the mail. Real birthday cards with real writing and a pretty stamp.
5) If you pray each day for someone who has hurt your feelings, God closes that hurt in His time, not yours.
6) I really love my family - they are my whole world. With this new little one on it's way, my boy's first baby, I am so grateful as I realize all over again, that God allowed my heart to immediately accept Augy as our own. This will be our SECOND grandchild - God is so faithful.
I think this may be the ticket for me for a while in the blogging department. I'm finding a peace even as I type by putting my thoughts and my heart "on paper".
If you are reading this, have an amazing day and may God richly bless your ponderings!